Intensive Acting Workshop for Children
FOR 13-17 YEARS
NEW DATES: 28-29-30 June 2010 (Mon, Tue, Wed; 3 working days)
Timing: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Working hours: 3 hours per session with two 10 minutes break for refreshments and a lunch break.
Venue: A-105, Karuna Wellness, Basement, Defence Colony.
Fee: 3,500-/ per student (inclusive of lunch and tea).
The emphasis of the workshop will be on improvement of the speaking voice (voice modulation, accent training, speech and presentation skills).
Other learning outcomes:
Children will learn the basics of acting, improve imagination, concentration, observation, memory, expression, communication skills; gain self-confidence.
Projects will include:
2. Dance drama
3. Story telling and acting improvisations
4. Radio play
5. News reading and much more…
Group size: 20 students per batch.
Workshop conducted by Gaurav Saini (trained under Mr. Barry John, the most renowned and senior theatre personality in the country and also the pioneer in bringing TIE – Theatre In Education to India). Gaurav Saini is a theater actor, pranic healer and a martial arts practitioner.
Contact: Gaurav (9820674010), Yulia (9811155388), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dramatic play is instinctive in children and a powerful tool in their education. Theatre training has not so much to do with making ‘great actors’ of the children, as much as with the development of their physical, mental and emotional abilities and their overall personality development.
Personal and social growth: Children develop confidence, poise and teamwork when they work together towards shared goals and when they see themselves as vital to the success of the project. This perspective gives them a sense of pride, self-worth and builds their overall confidence.
Creativity: Theatre games and exercises develop imagination, creative thinking, self-esteem, communication and social skills. The workshop provides an excellent environment for the students to learn at their own pace, feel good about their accomplishments and build lasting friendships.
Martial arts training is essential for overall health of the body. Without the sound body, it is not possible to have a sound mind. Training will help in various ways-correct posture, body alignment, eliminating negative behaviour pattern and increase of overall energy.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The most important thing is punctuality. It is the basic discipline anybody needs to succeed and progress in life and the workshop will not be any different. Students are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes before the starting time.
2. In any theatre workshop the process is more important than the result. The workshop may or may not culminate into a final presentation. The conductor does not guarantee any sort of final show or presentation.
3. Nobody is allowed inside the workshop space apart from the teacher or assistant and the students.
4. Lunch and tea will be provided by the organizer. Students can also bring some health food, or drink to have during the break as the workshop would be demanding physically and mentally. (Fruits, salads and juices would be excellent.)
5. Dress Code: Students will have to wear light and loose fitting clothes for the workshops. Track pants and T-shirts for both boys and girls. No fancy dresses. Theatre workshop is not about looking good. (Jeans, shirts, any kind of skirts, shorts are not allowed.)